Office worker. Sounds pretty, doesn’t it? Rows of computer tables and armchairs, slender girls and fit young people, whose faces are written “charged for success”, immediately appear in the imagination.
- PREMIUM STEEL CONSTRUCTION – This stationary upright bike features a premium frame of 14-gauge steel tubing, finished with powder coating that combines design and performance. It boasts both functionality and durability.
- SMOOTH MAGNETIC RESISTANCE SYSTEM –Designed for fitness enthusiasts of all skill-levels and comes with a magnetic resistance mechanism with 8 levels of difficulty. Tension knob simulates different terrains to customize routines according to fitness level.
- ULTRA-FUNCTIONAL CONSOLE – The ME-708 Upright Exercise Bike has a state-of-the-art LCD screen that acts as an odometer and displays time, speed, distance, and calories burned in extra-large numbers for great readability.
- ADJUSTABLE SEAT – The seat can be adjusted to accommodate users of different body sizes, improving form during exercise and allowing your body to conform precisely to the equipment, giving your workouts the maximum effect on your targeted areas.
- COUNTERBALANCED PEDALS – Pedals are designed to provide maximal foot support while giving you ultimate control. The ergonomic designs facilitate efficient workouts and are equipped with adjustable foot straps to create the perfect fit for your own feet.
In life, however, everything is much more prosaic. Research shows that the vast majority of office workers spend their entire working week indoors, without taking their eyes off the monitor, seven to eight hours a day.
It is not surprising that with age it is they who begin to actively replenish the ranks of patients in hospitals and clinics.
Minimum movement – all hopes are ruined
Lack of movement throughout the work week. Increased tension and fatigue of vision. The static posture of a person sitting at a table for eight to nine hours a day. Excessive load on the musculoskeletal system. All this often leads to diseases:
- of cardio-vascular system;
- spine and joints;
- musculoskeletal system;
- digestive organs;
- metabolic disorders;
- headaches and migraine attacks;
Meanwhile, according to the WHO, annual mortality can be reduced by more than 3 million cases if a person’s physical activity is increased during the day. It has been proven that even two-minute movements around the office from table to table, which are performed every hour, reduce the risk of premature death by more than 30%.
Of course, office physical education can be carried out on the basis of improvised means. A gym bar, for example, can easily replace chair backs. And the step platform is a stack of office reports and instructions. If, in addition, the office is multi-storey, you can carve out time to walk up and down its stairs, stretching your muscles and exercising your heart. But this, of course, is the “minimalist” option.
Be healthy! Always healthy!
The modern sports industry offers a huge variety of special equipment and equipment that can be installed right at the workplace if the office does not have its own gym. It can be:
- expander (hand and shoulder);
- rubber hinges;
- mini stepper;
- treadmills built into the desktop;
- health discs;
- mini exercise bike that fits under the desk;
- dumbbells and weights;
- tennis tables.
Let’s start with the classics. The wrist expander is an easy-to-use trainer. Helps develop wrist and arm muscles. Working at the computer creates stress on the hand and fingers. And this already threatens the development of carpal tunnel syndrome (“tunnel syndrome”), which is fraught with irreversible nerve damage and muscle atrophy. According to statistics, every sixth of those who have been dealing with a mouse and a computer keyboard for a long time are susceptible to this ailment.
Shoulder expander will help office workers to relieve tension of various muscle groups. First of all, in the arms and shoulders. It is on them that a special load falls when we slouched or hunched over while sitting at the table.
The only inconvenience of this simulator is the need to get up from the chair to start exercising. However, progress does not stand still – now there are models that can be fixed on the back of an office chair or armchair and perform exercises right at the workplace.
Rubber loop (tape)
Rubber loop (tape) can be called another type of expander. In an office environment, exercises with it will help put in order the muscles of the back, arms and legs, and do stretching.
Experts, however, strongly advise, at any opportunity, to rise from the desk and even conduct telephone conversations while standing or walking around the office. If space permits, you can use a mini-stepper for this, or a stepper.
- PERFORMANCE MONITOR: Time, Speed, Distance, Calorie, Odometer, RPM & Pulse.
- MAGNETIC RESISTANCE: Adjustable magnetic resistance provides smooth contactless resistance and is virtually maintenance free.
- Q-FACTOR: 177.8 mm: Lower Q-factors provide better biomechanical and ergonomic efficiency. This allows the rider to pedal faster and harder more effectively.
- DEVICE HOLDER: Follow along to your favorite Sunny Health & Fitness training videos on your tablet or mobile device.
- BOTTLE HOLDER: Stay hydrated to be ready to exercise for extended training sessions.
- DURABLE FRAME: 265 lb max user weight with sturdy frame built to last.
- ADJUSTABLE SEAT: 4-Way adjustable seat to help you stay in proper form.
In addition to training the muscles of the limbs, it improves the functioning of the lungs and the cardiovascular system. Helps burn calories.
It is worth mentioning in our review the invention of the American company Steelcase Store. The model of the Sit-to-Walkstation simulator presented by her some time ago has caused a lot of enthusiasm among those who have to work at a computer in the office and at home for several hours in a row.
This hybrid of a full-fledged computer desk and a treadmill that can be used while sitting, standing and on the move is truly admirable. After all, as the developers note, all that has to be distracted by its user is to change shoes – from office shoes to sports ones.
The only drawback of the American design is its high price. But after all, health is more expensive.
Another simulator, convenient for use in the office, can be a health disk. This rather lightweight and easy-to-use compact exercise machine for abdominal muscles experienced its peak of popularity back in the 70s and 80s of the last century, but has not lost its relevance until now. Working with it does not require special knowledge and skills.
At the same time, with the help of such a disk, you can strengthen the spine, back muscles and torso. It is convenient to store it, hiding under a table or cabinet, and use it during a break.
If we are talking about simulators that can be hidden from prying eyes without prejudice to the end result of training, it is worth remembering a mini exercise bike. It is suitable for employees who find it difficult to break away from work.
A mini exercise bike is similar to a regular exercise bike. But unlike the “big brother”, it has a height of less than half a meter and therefore easily fits under the desktop. You can twist its pedals without breaking away from the main activity. And if desired, also use it to train your hands by moving it to a cabinet or a desktop.
For short workouts at midday work, dumbbells or special weights for arms and legs are suitable.
And those who are accustomed to strength training can use weights of light and medium weights (from 5 to 8 kg). For the office, we can recommend both amateur weights and weights “Bell” from Iron King… Thanks to the hollow structure and the handle placed inside, the weight of the latter is evenly distributed over the hand, does not overload the hand tired from static stress, and allows a good warm-up within a few minutes.
And of course, do not forget about wall horizontal bars, which help office employees to keep themselves in shape throughout the day. Models type wall horizontal bar CR 129 from Iron King can be mounted on the wall without taking up much space and giving office employees the opportunity to restore muscle tone and neutralize the effects of excessive load on the musculoskeletal system.
And the gift of the gods is great tennis
Office gymnastics and sports increase performance, relieve fatigue and drowsiness, reduce the risk of developing spinal diseases, relieve excessive stress on the muscles of the back and neck, improve mood and, in general, have a positive effect on increasing the efficiency of the team.
- ✔ 【Sturdy Construction】Our Exercise Bike equipped with a heavy-duty square tube with a heavy duty bidirectional flywheel 30 lbs and holds up to 330LBS, very stable and durable.
- ✔ 【Adjustable To Fit Most Users】You can easily adjust the saddle’s height (33.5-38.5 in), the distance between your saddle and the handlebars and handlebar height (37.8-44 in), pedal toe clips with straps fit different shoe sizes.
- ✔ 【Adjustable Resistance】Switch up the intensity of your workout with the convenient tension knob. With a simple twist, you can increase or decrease resistance so your workout can remain challenging and effective throughout your fitness journey. Perfect for any user’s skill level.
- ✔ 【Keep Track Of Your Workouts】LCD monitor displays scan, time, speed, distance, calories, and odometer. You can adjust your workout speed and intensity and set your workout timer using these datas.
- ✔ 【100% Warranty】12 months of free parts replacement. Longer warranty, better service, giving you 100% satisfication for this Indoor Cycling Bike. Customer satisfaction is our top priority. Get VIGBODY Exercise Bike, Start More Active And Healthy Lifestyle.
No wonder, after all, one of the main attributes of almost all Soviet research institutes and design organizations were tennis tables in the halls of the floors, around which employees of numerous bureaus and departments gathered at lunchtime.
Table tennis – this is another very effective way of emotional release and recovery of strength and energy of the team after tiring hours spent at the monitor.
An amateur game requires from the participants elementary knowledge of the rules and a good reaction. And in terms of physical costs, it is equated to fast dancing.
Even if there is no room for a gym in the office, it will not be difficult to find a place for a tennis table, since most amateur models are foldable and can be stored in the back room during periods of inactivity. In addition, on the modern market you can find multifunctional gaming tables that can be transformed into a game of tennis, checkers, chess, backgammon, and even table football and air hockey.
In short, the choice of sports equipment for office management can only be limited by the company’s budget. But, as you know, in conditions of fierce competition, it is not worth saving on the health of employees.
- PREMIUM STEEL CONSTRUCTION – This gym equipment features a premium steel frame that combines design and performance. The powder-coated finish ensures that this exercise bike has maximum durability, making it an ideal investment that will last a lifetime.
- CUSTOMIZABLE CYCLING WORKOUT – Designed for fitness enthusiasts of all skill levels, the Marcy NS-908R comes with a manual magnetic resistance mechanism with 8 preset levels that allow you to tailor your workouts according to your training needs.
- COMFOTABLE SEAT WITH BACKREST – Designed to let you experience comfortable and efficient workout sessions, this recumbent bike boasts a padded seat with a backrest that helps reduce strain on your back during exhausting exercises.
- LCD DISPLAY TRACKS PROGRESS – This stationary bike has an ultra-functional LCD computer screen that acts as an odometer to let you monitor distance traveled, time elapsed, current speed, and calories burned as well as measuring your heartbeat.
- COUNTERWEIGHTED PEDALS – This gear is designed with weighted, counterbalanced pedals that provide maximum support for your feet. The pedals are equipped with adjustable foot straps that let you create the best fit for your foot’s build.