Among the inhabitants of big cities, it is difficult to find a person who would not be bothered by the lack of sufficient physical activity and, as a consequence, the problems of the cardiovascular system arising from this (physical inactivity is the scourge of megacities) and excess weight. Progress, comfort in this case played a cruel joke on our health. Computers, DPU, of course, are very convenient, but insidious and provoke laziness. Life without getting up from the couch turns into disease and loss of muscle tone.
- Bring Home Interactive Personal Training powered by iFit; 1-year iFit family membership included; create up to 5 individual exercise profiles; Access live, studio, and global workouts ($468 value)
- 22 inches Interactive HD Touchscreen Display streams on-demand iFit workouts directly to your equipment and provides easy stats tracking; Adjustable display mount allows for 360-degree screen rotation
- -10 to 20 percent LIVE Incline Matching technology; 24 digital resistance levels for complete workout control; Watts readout tracks your power output
- SMR Silent Magnetic Resistance delivers a smooth, quiet workout with every use; Adjustable leveling feet stabilize your bike; (2) 3 Lb. dumbbells for cross-training on your bike
- 350-pound user weight capacity; Protected with a 10-year frame warranty, 2-year parts warranty, and 1-year labor warranty; 59” H x 22” W x 60” L
Types and purpose of exercise bikes
And yet not everyone is ready to pull themselves out of the house for a daily run or exhausting exercise. A device such as exercise bike… This is essentially (as the name suggests) a fixed bike. Its purpose is to put stress on different muscle groups, mainly on the legs or abdominals. Simulating cycling, on the one hand, muscles are trained (including the heart), on the other hand, extra calories are burned. With an exercise bike you can:
- Keep fit.
- Lose weight.
- Strengthen your muscles.
- Strengthen the cardiovascular system.
- Relieve stress, increase body endurance.
The benefits, as you can see, are obvious. This explains the popularity of exercise bikes. They can be designed for any load. They are suitable for both professional athletes and people who are distant from sports and simply want to improve their health.
All exercise bikes consist of a seat, pedals and a steering wheel, according to the method of actuation and types of loads, they are divided into mechanical, magnetic, electromagnetic and bicycle ergometers… The latter has a built-in computer that regulates the load and shows the muscle groups involved and the amount of work performed. Each of these types has its own characteristics. And now the types of simulators are in more detail.
Mechanical exercise bikes
Mechanical, or a belt exercise bike is the simplest and most affordable option. The pedals are operated by the belt attached to the flywheel. The amount of load is adjusted by changing its tension. It has its pros and cons. The pluses include:
- autonomy – it does not require a network connection;
- low cost;
- ease of use.
And the cons are:
- high noise level, which is created as a result of belt friction;
- not a smooth ride;
- low-power sensors with poor functionality.
Mechanical Trainer can be not only belt, but also shoe. This one is equipped with a heavy flywheel with brake pads. Such a system creates a good load on the muscles. Compared to belts, block shoes produce less noise. But, due to their massiveness, they are not convenient for studying at home.
Magnetic exercise bikes
Operating principle magnetic product based on a magnetic field created by two magnets. The approach or removal of magnets relative to each other changes the intensity of the load. The load range is wider than that of mechanical trainers. This type of simulator also has its advantages and disadvantages. Advantages:
- presence of sensors showing training time, speed and heart rate;
- allows you to control loads with high accuracy;
- almost silent;
- smooth running and long service life.
The disadvantages, perhaps, include the high cost and costly repairs.
Electromagnetic exercise bikes
Electromagnetic option acts in the same way as magnetic, only its peculiarity is that the resistance to the flywheel is created not by magnets, but by an electromagnetic field. Electricity is generated by a built-in generator, so no mains connection is required. Its clear advantages are:
- as smooth and smooth as possible;
- electronics allows you to constantly monitor the state of the body;
- the ability to connect external multimedia devices creates additional comfort.
There is, perhaps, only one drawback: they are expensive.
- EXERCISE BIKE
- Steel frame
- 【Smooth Stationery Bike】35lbs flywheel and heavy-duty steel frame of the exercise bike guarantee the stability while cycling. The belt driven system provides a smoother and quieter ride than chain transport. It won’t disturb your apartment neighbors or sleeping kids.
- 【Personalized Fit Exercise Bike】2-ways adjustable non-slip handlebar, 4-ways padded seat (inseam height 25-35in) and a large range of resistance give users a comfortable indoor riding experience. Workout your muscles / lose weight / enhance heart /lung function. 270 lbs weight capacity.
- 【LCD Monitor and Ipad Mount】The LCD monitor on exercise bike tracks your time, speed, distance, calories burned and odometer. The gift Ipad holder allows you to enjoy exercising and music at the same time, making it easier to keep exercising.
- 【Safe to Use】The adjustable cage pedals on spinning bike protects you from a fast ride. Press the resistance bar to stop the flywheel immediately. The water bottle holder allows you to replenish water in time. Transport wheels help you easily move this cycle machine. All parts are protected and your little baby can’t reach them.
- 【What You Get】A YOSUDA exercise bike, all tools and instructions are in the package. Online instruction video can help you complete the assembly within 30 minutes.
Finally, the most “sophisticated” exercise bike – bicycle ergometer… In fact, this is a computer, and as such, it will itself determine the physical condition of different muscle groups and draw up an appropriate program. Further, he will constantly monitor and dose the load. Its undoubted advantages:
- intelligent computer with wide functionality;
- reliability and durability;
- high training efficiency.
- high price
- expensive repair
- requires an electrical connection
Having dealt with the main types of exercise bikes, now let’s talk about the features of use. By the method of landing, the simulators can be vertical and horizontal… In the vertical method, the trainee sits on the simulator like on a bicycle.Horizontal trainer allows you to stretch your legs and have full back support. This is prescribed for practicing with back pain. Finally, there are hybrid exercise bikes that allow you to change the way you sit.
To control your workouts, exercise bikes are equipped with sensors, the purpose of which is to monitor the pulse, measure the “distance” and record the load. These sensors can be external – attached to the trainee’s body, or built into the handles of the simulator, which, of course, is much more convenient, but also significantly more expensive.
To achieve the desired results, exercise on a stationary bike should be regular, and not occasionally. Get yourself into this good habit. However, since training is associated with great physical activity, they have contraindications:
- cardiovascular diseases;
- severe diabetes mellitus;
- bronchial asthma;
- exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- infectious diseases.
If you liked the article, please like it and share it with your friends. Thank you!
- Exercise the Way You Want: Exercise your way from the comfort of your home with this Indoor Stationary Bike from Lanos! Able to support up to 270 pounds, this indoor cycle bike is the perfect way to raise your heartbeat and always get moving.
- High-Quality Workout Bike: Crafted with rust-proof, powder-coated carbon steel, this indoor bike machine is designed to last. Our indoor exercise equipment undergoes strict, careful quality control to make sure it is safe and perfect for your needs.
- Monitor Your Workout: These stationary bikes for homes include LCD screens that track your time, speed, distance, calories burned, and heart rate. This gym bike also features a tablet mount so you can watch workouts or read while exercising.
- Comfortable and Adjustable: Complete with a 35-pound flywheel to simulate real biking, this stationary bicycle includes adjustable resistance, a 2-way adjustable handlebar, and a 4-way adjustable, comfortable bike seat so you can enjoy your workout.
- Everything You Need: Designed to make working out convenient, this indoor exercise bike has safety cage pedals, a brake pad, and a bottle holder. Plus, our cardio bike includes transportation wheels so it can be set up easily anywhere in your home.