The abdominal trainer helps to complement the training program with targeted abdominal exercises, and for those who do not have time for the gym – to pump up their figure at home or in a regular gym. Unlike traditional ab exercises, a properly selected machine allows you to work out the abdominal muscles with minimal stress on the neck and lower back. Therefore, having chosen a suitable device for themselves, people with a weak back and diseases of the spine can use it.
- The NO. 077 Trainer includes access to an online training video within the package. THE TRAINING VIDEO IS ONLINE ONLY AND WILL NOT INCLUDE A DVD IN THE PACKAGE
- DIGITAL MONITOR: Use the digital monitor to follow your workout progress with the ability to track time, calories, count, and scan.
- ADJUSTABLE RESISTANCE: The three resistance bands can be added or removed to adjust the resistance of your workout to your fitness level. Each band is approximately 22 pounds of resistance.
- ADJUSTABLE SQUAT DEPTH: Adjust the saddle angle to 30, 60, or 90 degrees to add depth to your squat and variety to your workout program.
- VERSATILE HANDLEBARS: Take advantage of multiple hand positions to work muscles in your back and chest. Adjust the machine to your body length with the handle and saddle distance control, to ensure proper form with every squat.
- Material Type: Aluminum
Floor and wall devices
Traditional outdoor and outdoor equipment is installed in small gyms or at home. They take up little space, and some of them fold down, so they are suitable even for small apartments. These are such simulators as: benches, parallel bars, horizontal bars (including home wall bars), “armchairs” and arches for the press.
The gymnastic bench makes it possible to train the rectus and oblique abdominal muscles, perform twists, develop small spinal muscles, pump up the buttocks, thighs and lower legs. Carefully study the characteristics of the simulator before purchasing:
- what is the maximum weight the bench can withstand;
- does it have a tilt angle adjustment and within what limits;
- what additional features does it have, etc.
A high-quality bench is stable, does not wobble or sag. Well, in total, there are many varieties of a bench simulator:
- horizontal without tilt adjustment; curved surface;
- with tilt adjustment;
- combined (press + hyperextension, the ability to supplement it with stops for the bench press);
- “Roman chair” (without back support, with a small seat and leg braces) for abs and hyperextension;
- devices for hyperextension – horizontal and with a fixed angle of inclination (45 ° or 90 °).
The maximum load on the muscles of the press and back is given by the Roman chair, combined devices and boards with a curved back. They allow you to perform movements with high amplitude and combine strength exercises with aerobic ones.
The most famous simulators of this type are AB Rocket (aka Super Press) and Total core. They look like armchairs without legs, with transverse massage rollers built into the back. On the sides they are equipped with railing made of bent metal tubes. The classic version involves a complex effect on the muscle groups of the abdomen. The AB Rocket Twister model has advanced functionality – the ability to rotate the seat to increase load and twisting.
The AB Rocket and Total core simulators are similar in the principle of building the exercise, but differ due to the uniqueness of the design:
AB Rocket is placed on the floor, the athlete sits down in it and presses with effort on the back, bending to the floor, and the recoil force raises it to its original position.
The principle of operation of the Total core is the same, but when tilted back, its back rolls off on wheels, providing smoother and more controlled movements. Unlike the previous simulator.
The chair mechanisms force the abdominal muscles to work, while the elastic springs partially relieve the load from the spine, neck and back. The level of spring resistance is adjustable (low, medium and high). This allows you to increase or decrease the load.
At AB Rocket and Total core they recommend practicing 3-4 times a week for half an hour, turning on pleasant music or your favorite movie. However, according to the reviews of those who have tried the abdominal chairs, they need to perform 2-3 times more repetitions and approaches on them than performing torso lifts without a simulator.
Horizontal bar and parallel bars
To work out the press on the horizontal bar, lifts and turns of bent legs, lifting straight legs (“pistol”), leg movements hanging on the bar (“bicycle”, “scissors”) are performed. The lifts work the straight lines, and the twists work the oblique abdominal muscles. It is convenient to use compact and mounted shells at home:
- sliding (for the doorway);
- ceiling and wall;
- mounted on the Swedish wall.
Beres loops will help to facilitate the exercises – they can be called “abs loops” or “elbow rests”. Such simulators make it possible to load the press, reducing the load on the arms. While resting between sets, you can hang on the hinges, relaxing and stretching your spine.
- 【Professional level ab/core machine】curve track & separated sliders design Involves more muscles take your ab/core workout to a higher level.
- 【Easy to Assemble and Space saved】Follow the instructions and take less than 5 mins to assemble the abs machine, easy to fold the machine when not in use.
- 【Stable & Durability】Fitlaya Fitness ABS machine made of heavy-duty steel frame, high quality knee cushion and Foam-covered handgrips, ensure high durability and comfortable workout. The max weight capacity is up to 440 lbs.
- 【Adjustable Resistance Levels】4 different training and resistance levels can be adjusted to meet different needs, targeting on thigh, crus and Abdominal muscle, maximizing the workout efficiency.
- 【LCD Display】The smart LCD training monitor circularly shows the calories burnt, workout time and repetitions.
If you don’t have a place for a home gym, collapsible structures, compact spring trainers and simple sports equipment: fitball, hoop and the famous “Grace” spinning disk will help keep your figure in good shape. Despite their outward simplicity, some abdominal exercises on simulators allow you to give your abdominal muscles a professional load.
Varieties of compact simulators:
Spring expander. The Spring Trainer is a long metal spring with foot clamps on one end and a hand grip reminiscent of a bicycle handlebar on the other. Instead of one metal spring, there can be several of them. In a simplified version, they are replaced by elastic rubber bands or harnesses. Putting his legs into the bindings, the athlete pulls the spring towards himself, and the stomach involuntarily tenses. When exercising with springs, part of the load is taken by the hands, and not by the back. This makes it possible to do a lot of repetitions and approaches.
“Monolith” is a collapsible device: it is a narrow flexible platform for the torso with a plastic neck brace and leg braces on elastic bands. It is used to lift the trunk, legs, lower back with minimal stress on the spine. “Monolith” is equipped with a sensor that monitors the load and exercise performance.
AB-roller (metal press bar with headrest). The frame is partially covered with soft rubber, depending on the manufacturer and the price, it can be equipped with handles of various shapes or elbow rests; some models add up. By turning the arc upside down, you can do push-ups and train other muscle groups.
Roller trainer (a wheel 20-30 cm in diameter, “put on” a short handle that protrudes on both sides). Kneeling down, the student takes the handles and rolls the roller back and forth, stretching the torso and returning to its original position, or performs movements alternately to the right / left side. The exercise trains not only the abdomen, but also the arms, back, buttocks, and thighs. The deceptively simple roller trainer requires good physical fitness. Beginners should not be engaged with him.
Torso track (mechanical version of the roller) consists of a “track” track and handles that slide along the canvas. The principle of training with such a device is the same as that of a roller, but it allows you to change the resistance force, increasing the load.
Absleiter in shape resembles a crossbow with a bolt superimposed on it, or an airplane with triangular lattice “wings” directed backward and a wide flat tail. Sitting on the floor or on a chair, the “tail” rests against the stomach, grab the handles (“the edges of the wings”) and pull them towards themselves so that the press reflexively strains. You will have to do at least one and a half hours a day, but the joints and spine do not suffer from the load.
- 【Solid Material & Durable Design】MBB ab machine is crafted with sturdy iron and steel, which is durable for long-time use. The Solid Iron frame comes with huge weight capacity of 250lbs. All of heavy-duty steel tube frames are finished with a powder-coated painting that offers reliable durability. Comfort rubber gasket effectively reduce impact force generated during exercise.
- 【Humanized Design for Better Training】MBB foldable abdomen trainer is equipped with 6‘’ extra large foam-covered knee cushion and wear-resistant hand grips, ensuring high durability and comfortable workout and well protecting the elbows and knees from injury. Additionally, four non-slipping pads enhance overall stability, which also protects the floor from scratches.
- 【Professional Ab Machine】 Take couple of minutes to reach your target and perfect shape with our ab workout machine. Not only for abdomen training, MBB professional ab machine can also help to build up muscles of your full body.We provide free DVD for teaching Four flexible wheels offer smooth and stable training, aiming to take your ab and core muscle to a new level.
- 【Adjustable Resistance Level】There are 4 adjustable levels strength.You can choose between four resistance levels to gradually increase the intensity of your workout stages. It does not need any professional training,which is suitable for different people of various height and strength conditions .MBB adjustable workout trainer is designed to work arms, legs waist and abdominal muscle. You can use it to exercise every parts of your body which is really perfect for men and women.
- 【EASY TO ASSEMBLE & STORE】:MBB Ab & Waist cruncher is quite easy to carry & store. Clear and brief instruction make it much easier to assemble.After finishing workout, you can put it in the corner, rely on the wall or under the bed. And it’s light enough to easily move around. Just follow our manual instructions and you will assemble them in no time. It is not only suitable for gym, but it also can be used at home and office.
A separate type of abdominal trainer is myostimulators (“Butterfly”, Ab Belt and others). The principle of their action is that through the electrodes fixed on the skin, the apparatus sends weak electrical impulses to the muscles, forcing them to contract. Myostimulation is included in the rehabilitation programs for paralyzed patients and gives some results in untrained people. However, it has many contraindications and does not affect muscle growth.
“Women’s” simulators: hula-hoop, “Grace” and fitball
The hoop and spinning disc are often used in weight loss fitness programs. They do not give a serious load to the abdominal muscles and will not help to form relief cubes, but they develop flexibility, strengthen the waist and reduce its volume, train the vestibular apparatus.
The weight of a standard hula hoop (about 200 g) can be increased with weights and massage attachments. There are also heavy hoops weighing 2.5–3 kg, with or without a massage braid. They can be used after a few weeks or months of training.
Fitball is considered the ideal women’s exercise machine. On it, in a mode that is sparing for the back, they perform all the basic exercises for swinging the press: lifting the torso and legs, twisting, hyperextension, stretching, bar.
Twisting machines are contraindicated after back injuries, people with spinal hernias and diseases of the pelvic organs. There are much fewer contraindications for fitball. However, people who have health problems cannot start exercising on a gymnastic ball on their own.
Which simulator to choose?
Fitball is considered the safest and most convenient sports equipment for girls and women. For experienced athletes – a video. And the most predictable results are given by the gymnastic bench. However, all the devices described in the review make it possible to work out the problem muscle group to one degree or another. Therefore, the best abdominal trainer is the one with which it is personally convenient for you, pleasant and useful to train.
- 【Easy Assembly and Storage】 It’s easy to assemble by yourself,just 5 steps,you can assemble this Ab Trainer easily and quickly.And it’s foldable,easy to store and save the space.
- 【Adjustable Resistance Level】 5 different training and resistance levels can be adjusted to suit your needs,fitable for various height and strength conditions from different users.
- 【Multiple Exercise Modes】 This leikefitness Ab Trainer is not only for abdominal training,but also train your arms,legs and glutes.You can use it to exercise different parts of your body which is really perfect for men and women.
- 【Professional Ab Trainer】 The frame is made of Premium Steel,anti-slip & soft handle bar,comfortable & sweat-resistance cushions,5-level height & resistance,LCD display,Max weight capacity 220lbs,it can meet most people’s needs.
- 【Sturdy and Durable】 This leikefitness Ab Trainer will offer you the stable and effective workout experience.With the thoughtful multi-function design,once you have this trainer, you can save your budget for extra fitness equipment.
When choosing a sports equipment, consider your physical fitness; which muscles require more attention: waist, lower or upper abs. If you don’t have a place for sports in your apartment, get some compact equipment, and do the main strength exercises in the gym. Moreover, it is easier to find photo and video instructions and exercise complexes for devices of well-known brands.